On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 8:32 PM, Bernardo Sulzbach <
mafagafogigante at gmail.com> wrote:

> > My point is that I have seen so many emails regarding this incorrect csv
> import, that it would be so easy for us if it just simply works in the CLI
> and delivered in standard in the sqlite3 executable.
>
> I don't think I understand what you mean by this. Also, most of the
> problems seems to arise from the fact that CSV is just too weakly
> specified. See how better defined JSON is and how it solves a lot of
> problems (not suggesting JSON here).

JSON is not an option when we are working with business people. Excel is
their only  tool to review and modify data so we need to import and export
CSV. Honestly direct excel import/export would be even better but CSV is
fine too and largely simpler.

for instance, H2 worked wonderfully well for all excel import. why is it
unreasonable to ask for the same in sqlite?