> On 17 Sep 2015, at 2:47pm, Rob Willett <rob.sqlite at robertwillett.com>
> wrote:
>
> 3. We cannot get WITHOUT ROWID working using Perl DBI. We get the following
> error
>
> DBD::SQLite::db prepare failed: malformed database schema (postcode) - near
> ?WITHOUT"
>
> This appears to be due to mismatched SQLite version but we are running
>
> macpro:postcode rwillett$ sqlite3 --version
> 3.8.5 2014-08-15 22:37:57 c8ade949d4a2eb3bba4702a4a0e17b405e9b6ace
>
> The SQLite web page  on WITHOUT ROWID indicates we need 3.8.2 or higher so
> we?re confused as to what the problem is.

SQLite is not 'installed in your system'.  It is compiled separately into each
program which uses it.  The version number returned by the command-line tool
(sqlite3) is the version of SQLite that is compiled into the command-line tool.

Your version of Perl will have a different version of SQLite compiled into it.
To find out which version that is, I think you can do this:

  $dbh->{sqlite_version};

assuming $dbh is your handle to a SQLite connection.

Simon.