On 2/11/16, Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> wrote:
> Dominique Devienne wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Olivier Mascia <om at integral.be> wrote:
>>>
>>> If I'm changing shell.c (utf8_printf) to use some
>>> sqlite3_win32_utf8_to_oem() (which is the same as
>>> sqlite3_win32_utf8_to_mbcs, but always use CP_OEMCP) AND I'm changing
>>> shell.c (local_getline) to use some sqlite3_win32_oem_to_utf8() (which is
>>> the same as sqlite3_win32_mbcs_to_utf8, but always use CP_OEMCP), then my
>>> command-line tool sqlite3.exe works nicely with accented characters.
>>
>> On the same subject, and after reading
>> http://stackoverflow.com/a/33817184/103724
>> I was going to try another solution, from
>> http://www.siao2.com/2008/03/18/8306597.aspx
>> based on _setmode(_fileno(stdout), _O_U8TEXT).
>
> See also <http://www.siao2.com/2010/10/07/10072032.aspx>.

Olivier, Dominique, Clemens:  I *really* appreciate y'all looking into
this.  Thank you so much.

Please know that I am currently holding up the start of final release
testing for 3.11.0 on this issue.  But I cannot hold it off much
longer.  If you can provide solid suggestions for how to deal with the
unicode issue on windows consoles within the next day or so, we might
be able to incorporate changes into 3.11.0.  But beyond that, I think
we'll need to push this off until 3.12.0.

If y'all think that waiting to put this into 3.12.0 is a good idea
regardless, for example to allow ample time for testing, then please
let me know and we'll go ahead and start the testing cycle for 3.11.0
without it.

--
D. Richard Hipp
drh at sqlite.org