> Le 11 f?vr. 2016 ? 16:00, Richard Hipp <drh at sqlite.org> a ?crit :
>
> Olivier, Dominique, Clemens:  I *really* appreciate y'all looking into
> this.  Thank you so much.
>
> Please know that I am currently holding up the start of final release
> testing for 3.11.0 on this issue.  But I cannot hold it off much
> longer.  If you can provide solid suggestions for how to deal with the
> unicode issue on windows consoles within the next day or so, we might
> be able to incorporate changes into 3.11.0.  But beyond that, I think
> we'll need to push this off until 3.12.0.
>
> If y'all think that waiting to put this into 3.12.0 is a good idea
> regardless, for example to allow ample time for testing, then please
> let me know and we'll go ahead and start the testing cycle for 3.11.0
> without it.

3.12.0 is good target, imo.
The way I patched it works nicely for the interactivity, but more work needs to
be done for handling the command-line itself properly (it always is ANSI - or
Wide and not OEM-something or UTF-8). In addition my code will need deep
focused review and probably some refactoring for best integration within the
coding guidelines of SQLite.

On the other hand Dominique and Clemens pointed to interesting other paths to
handle this, with possible bumps on the road.  I personally would like to get
time to experiment with that and see where it goes.

I would gladly wait for 3.11.0 final code, and then restart this experiment.

--
Meilleures salutations, Met vriendelijke groeten, Best Regards,
Olivier Mascia, integral.be/om