believe that the support in this list is amazing, and also carries some
weight as to why folks use SQLite.  I have been using computers since
1982 and this is the best software that I have ever used, and the
support I have ever received.  Yes, I paid for some software also.  So,
thanks Dr. Hipp and the gang for the wonderful opportunities you, and
the gang provide.  As we say in Spanish, muchas gracias y que Dios los
bendiga.

jos?

On 2016-05-15 10:05, Tony Papadimitriou wrote:

> 1. Why SQLite is popular.
> The answers to those question mentioned in the podcast may be good ones but I
> think the main reason is that it's free.  Completely, unmistakably, free.

Necessary but not sufficient.
It's free, and the license is as non-restrictive as it is possible to
be.
Certainly true!  However, there are tons of free & liberally licensed
software out there, many (most?) of which are failures in terms of
public acceptance.

So, even these two alone do not seem to be entirely sufficient.

But SQLite has one greater attribute.  It comes with a proven commitment
of EXCELLENT support & maintenance.  A true quality product.  Bugs are
killed practically instantly after being discovered, and new features
added on a regular basis.  You rarely get this kind of support even from
paid software.

(Many open source projects have bugs waiting for months or years for
someone to be bothered to fix, often driving people away!)

To sum it up, a big thanks to Richard and his team!