> This are the results of me trying:
>
> SQLite version 3.9.2 2015-11-02 18:31:45
> Enter ".help" for usage hints.
> Connected to a transient in-memory database.
> Use ".open FILENAME" to reopen on a persistent database.
> sqlite> CREATE TABLE abcß▀(id integer primary key, αΓ string); first
> value was ALT+225, second - ALT+223.
> sqlite> SELECT name, hex(name) FROM sqlite_master;
> abcß▀|616263E1DF
> sqlite>
>
> So now the question is - what encoding is that value, so that it can
> be successfully converted to wstring?

That encoding is raw bytes. Either you need to be using 3.13 as someone
else said, or the sqlite_master table stores names as whatever raw code
page / encoding was used to create them. I would bet money changing that
would be bad (backward incompatible) and that there is no portable way to
do what you are trying, as it would involve knowing what code page was in
use at the time of object creation. This would be even worse if multiple
machines created objects over time.

But I'm driving across country and can't check source to confirm this.