On Jun 29, 2016 5:08 PM, "Darren Duncan" <dar...@darrenduncan.net> wrote:
> I notice that the ticket rejection didn't include any rationale or
explanation, or I didn't find any when I looked.  What was the rationale
for rejecting that ticket?

> I believe that SQLite having page checksums would be a good idea whose
time has come.  Even Postgres on whom SQLite takes a lot of influence has
had that feature for the last 2.5 years.

> This should be doable as an optional-per-file feature, like some other
features like foreign keys are optional.  If the feature is used, that is a
file format break so older SQLite versions won't attempt to modify a file,
and if a file doesn't use the feature then older SQLite versions will still
work with it.

> -- Darren Duncan

Given the nature of VFS, it is trivial* for anyone to create a module to
provide this very functionality. So you can write it yourself!

*Not really trivial, but probably not horribly difficult either.