On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 12:09 PM, Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de>
wrote:

> sanhua.zh wrote:
> > It describles the"Bytes of unused‘reserved' space at the end of each
> page”. I think it’s the exact thing what I need.
> > But I have no idea how to use it. It seems that there is no interface to
> do this.
>
> sqlite3_test_control(), or a hex editor:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38201975/how-to-
> create-database-with-reserved-bytes

What are the guarantees, if any, SQLite makes about preserving what's in
these reserved bytes,
for example during vacuuming, or any operation that moves pages around?

And if these reserved bytes are not preserved (logical in a way), who is
supposed to "rewrite" them?
A custom VFS? I'm thinking page checksums for examples. The page checksum
could likely change during
a vaccum, so even if SQLite copied the bytes as-is, they wouldn't be
up-to-date anymore.

Thanks, --DD