On Sep 8, 2016 8:16 AM, "Richard Hipp" <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 9/8/16, Stephen Chrzanowski <pontia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > However, the rabbit I was hoping to pull out of the hat was that the
change
> > in version numbers be done automatically when I make a change in the 3rd
> > party DB management tool.

I don't know if this would work, but maybe one could add a trigger to
sqlite_master that would automatically update the integer whenever
something happens to literally change the schema. That way third party
tools would keep the number up to date as well as your own custom code
without needing a user defined function.