I was getting ready to checkin the rowid-versus-fts2 fix, and wanted
to add one last bit, to upgrade older tables.

Unfortunately, code of the form:

   ALTER TABLE x_segments ADD id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY;

is documented as not supported.
http://www.sqlite.org/lang_altertable.html .  As far as I can tell,
this means that there is no option to do a cheap schema upgrade to get
the correct semantics.  Am I missing a trick?

This may mean that I'll need to branch fts2 to fts3 and deprecate
fts1/2 as being not safe for use.  If the code is going to have to
create new tables and populate them, then there's not a lot of gain
versus just having the developer do that.

Thanks,
scott