On 4/25/22 15:41, Ivan Larionov wrote:
Seems like "findutils" is the package which fixes the build.

Binsaries in this package:

# rpm -ql findutils | grep bin
/bin/find
/usr/bin/find
/usr/bin/oldfind
/usr/bin/xargs

If build depends on some of these then configure script should probably check that they're available.

... and/or properly fail when their execution/use fails. I do not know whether this find/xargs dependency is inside Squid or inside something that Squid is using though, but I could not quickly find any direct uses by Squid sources (that would fail the build).

Alex.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 9:38 PM Amos Jeffries wrote:

    On 14/04/22 14:59, Ivan Larionov wrote:
     > There were no errors earlier.
     >
     > Seems like installing openldap-devel fixes the issue.
     >
     > There were other dependencies installed together with it, not
    sure if
     > they also affected the build or not.

    I suspect one or more of those other components is indeed the source of
    the change. Some of them are very low-level OS functionality updates
    (eg
    /proc and filesystem  utilities).

    FWIW, The gist you posted looks suspiciously like reports we used to
    see
    when BSD people were having issues with the linker not receiving all
    the
    arguments passed to it. I would focus on the ones which interact
    with OS
    filesystem or the autotools / compiler/ linker.

    HTH
    Amos

With best regards, Ivan Larionov.