You're right, Pete (almost). I have cut them from mild steel, and the
spokes are indeed not formed, but rather just silhouettes. This is quite
acceptable for outside-frame locos, where the wheels are about invisible
anyway, but obviously wouldn't do for inside-frame locos. Since the
question regarded wheels for a Lady Anne bash, they would work.

The treads are G1MRA profile and are turned on a CNC lathe. This is the
difficult part, as finding a shop to do the work in small quantities is difficult
and it's not something you want to do by hand. (At least, I don't; it takes
me a half hour a wheel to turn treads.)

So, I haven't put these into production. I've only done two sets and am
about to install one on the project I'm currently working on. Right now, the
performance is unknown. I suppose if they work out well, I could have a
couple hundred made up, but are there that many Lady Anne bashers out
there, or would I end up with 172 in my estate?

best regards,
  -Vance-

Vance Bass
FH&PB Railroad Supply Co.