[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On my 3.5 gauge Virginia from LBSC "Words and Music" the water pumps have checks at the pump and also where the water enters the boiler. All the checks are vertical and the water from the axle pump and manual pump enters the boiler halfway up the barrel so they would normally be below the surface. The injector check enters the back head well above the expected water level.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I'm guessing that the Virginia had the benefit of being designed correctly from the beginning, rather than being retro-fitted. If it appears that violating these objectives will kill my little steamer, then I'll have to do it "right". Or not at all. If it all gets too difficult, I'll suffer multiple stops at the water tank.

royce in SB