A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 06:26:22PM -0500, Baishakhi Ray wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your reply.
> Currently I'm looking for patches that were used to be applied on
> older (stable) releases, for back-porting purpose.
> If you have new patches that no one is using to apply to the older
> releases, that would be great too.

I don't think you understand how the patches are applied to the stable
kernel releases.  They come directly from Linus's kernel.org git tree,
and when they show up there, I take them and apply them to the current
stable and longterm kernels.

> I took the available patches from kernel.org.  According to my
> understanding,  patch-2.6.27.59 consists of all the patches that
> should be applied on version 2.6.27.59. Am I correct on this
> assumption?

I think you need to look at the kernel git trees to see the individual
patches, which is what you should be looking at.

Also take a look at the Documentation/development_model/ documentation
in the kernel tree that explains how patches flow into the kernel and
then into the stable kernel trees.

If you have questions after reading that, please let us know.

hope this helps,

greg k-h