From: kazanacagiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 12:44 AM
Subject: DHKC statement

Date: July 17, 2001                                     Statement: 200

URGENT APPEAL

To all anti-imperialists, anti-globalizationists, anti-capitalists,
anti-fascists and all those who are on the side of labour and freedom,
to all Marxist-Leninists and all progressive institutions and people.

THE MASSACRE AND RESISTANCE CONTINUES IN THE PRISONS OF TURKEY. WE URGE
YOU TO PUT THE RESISTANCE ON YOUR AGENDA AND TO SUPPORT IT!
Between 1999-2000 the f type prisons were constructed in our country
with the approval of America and Europe. The revolutionary prisoners and
the forces outside started the death fast after having tried all
possible democratic ways to close down the F type prisons.
The hunger strike started by the prisoners of the trials of DHKP-C,
TKP(ML) and TKIP on 20th October 2000 was turned into a death fast on
the 19th of November 2000. 204 death fast resisters were participating
in the first two death fast teams, of which 131 belong to the DHKP-C and
about 1000 prisoners went on a support hunger strike.
On the 60th day of the death fast, December 19th, the state launched a
simultaneous operation in 22 prisons.
It massacred 28 prisoners by burning and shooting them. It has injured
hundreds of them. It opened the F types. In the middle of the massacre
and the torture the prisoners who were transferred to the F types were
thrown into the cells. But they couldn't break the resistance. The
resistance continued by drawing in a wider section of society. Several
political groups who had not participated in the death fast earlier now
also joined the death fast.
The murderous government, who wasn't able to break the resistance with
massacres, torture and isolation cells, tried to break the resistance
with forced medical intervention. More than 60 prisoners were left
handicapped as a result of this torture.
Finally the government released the resisters whom they had left
handicapped and who were on the brink of death, in order to break the
resistance.
The released DHKP-C prisoners have continued their resistance on the
outside. Two of them, Gokhan Ococak and Sevgi Erdogan fell martyred.
Tens of released death fast resisters are continuing their resistance in
the poor Gecekondu shantytowns in our country.
 THIS IS THE RESULT,
To date we have given 60 martyrs, both inside and outside of the prisons
and more than 60 of our people remain handicapped, mainly suffering from
memory loss, the so-called Wernicke Korsakoff disease. The resistance
continues both inside and outside of the prisons. We continue to give
martyrs.
The numbers and data relating to the balance of our resistance, and the
stages through which our resistance has gone through, has now entered
into the fourth season. This in itself is enough to show the dimension
of the oppression and the size of the resistance.
To all those who are against imperialism, fascism, isolation and
torture.  The F-type prisons are part of the plan, which is being used
by America and Europe to destroy the resistance and the revolutionaries
against imperialism in all countries, and to make reality their plan of
globalization and the New World Order.
Our resistance is against this plan, the IMF, the World Bank and the
colonialisation that is presented under the name of globalisation. For
this reason this resistance belongs to all of us. For this reason
isolation is a matter of concern for the whole world. Therefore we are
calling upon you not only to give your support but also to take this
resistance as your own.
We are calling the prisoners of different countries in the world, all
anti-imperialists and progressive forces, for action.
We appeal to you to put on the agenda at Genoa the massacre in the
prisons of Turkey and the resistance, which has entered the fourth
season.
Day by day people are dying inside and outside of the prisons.
Capitalism, the IMF and isolation are killing. There's not even a second
to loose. Imperialism wants to split, divide and weaken us. We call all
people of the world, all progressives, anti-fascists and
anti-imperialists to unite and to destroy this game, and to support and
enlarge together all kinds of resistance against tyranny.
REVOLUTIONARY PEOPLE'S LIBERATION FRONT