I've cleaned up a bunch of deprecations in the web apps that are part of
Struts. The remaining deprecation warnings fall into three groups:

1) Deprecations related to the differences between the Servlets 2.2 and
Servlets 2.3 APIs. We cannot do anything about these, since we have to
remain compatible with Servlets 2.2, at least until Servlets 2.3 has "taken
over".

2) Deprecations in Tiles. I did not attempt to deal with these, since Tiles
has a life of its own, independent of Struts. Cedric is in the best position
to know if any changes are appropriate here.

3) Digester related deprecations. I know how to fix the Digester.log()
problem, but I wasn't sure what to do with the Digester.setDebug() calls.
The current implementation does nothing, but it wasn't clear to me what we
should be calling instead, given that the deprecation comment indicates that
it is logging-implementation-dependent. Suggestions appreciated. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper