On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Cedric Dumoulin wrote:

> Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:30:51 +0100
> From: Cedric Dumoulin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Struts Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Deprecations and Struts
>

>   I can deal / try to clean  deprecations from Tiles ;-)
>
>   But what versions of servlet, ant, jdk, xml parser should we
> officially use ?

My votes:
- Servlet 2.2 (and therefore JSP 1.1), but we should test under
  at least Tomcat 4 and the J2EE RI 1.3 as well for compatibility
- Ant 1.4.1
- JDK 1.3.1 (until I remove the JDBC-related compile time problem,
  then we should ensure that we also run under 1.4.0)
- Use only JAXP/1.1 APIs, but test with Xerces 1.4.x and Xerces 2.0.x
  (note that JAXP/1.2 uses Xerces 2 code as its default parser,
  so this protects the future as well).

XML parsers inside some J2EE containers have caused us some issues in the
past -- it would be really good to get some beta testers signed up on the
most common platforms (WebLogic, WebSphere, and so on) in addition to
Tomcat and the stand-alone pieces.  Ideally we'll cover both J2EE 1.2 and
J2EE 1.3 based platforms in this testing.