----- Original Message -----
From: "Jing Zhou" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Struts Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 4:28 AM
Subject: Re: Is FormBean mandatory???

> Form beans can be shared by multiple views in a wizard like applications.
> In particular, we want users to be able to use 'Previous', 'Next',
'Finish',
> and 'Cancel' buttons to move between screens. Using form beans will save
> a lot of coding work and these requirements are mandatory regardless
> how large or small the applications are.

Is it ever necessary to retain erred inputs past the request context? I
still don't understand why you need getters and setters for every form field
when the data is readily available in the request object. Some argue better
type checking, but the fact is half this benefit is lost when you start
depending on reflection. Also, Struts tools would be a lot easier to develop
if you could just work against a field map rather than having to dynamically
generate Java interfaces; from what I gather, this is what the DynaBean
accomplishes.

Thanks,
Bob