I'd like to continue swatting the remaining bugs in 1.1, and improve the
existing documentation, with a goal to release a beta 2 of Strust 1.1 in
the near future (ideally by July 8 or so).  Part of my motivation for the
timing is that Sun is shutting down next week, so I will have some quality
time hours available when I'm actually awake :-).

Are the other committers interested in working towards such a goal?

One thing I'd like to add to the TODO list is a review of all our custom
tag implementations versus the JSP spec requirements -- particularly in
the area of tag pooling and when the bodyContent can be accessed.  The
recent work on Jasper2 (in Tomcat 4.1.x), which will support tag pooling,
has indicated we probably have some tags that don't completely conform to
the contracts -- and we need to fix that before any final release.