At 01:36 am 02-03-03, you wrote:
The test I use is this:
Does the requested feature exist in JSTL? If so, don't duplicate the effort in Struts. This is not just my opinion, it has been discussed among the committers before.

I don't think people requesting enhancements or patches realize the amount of effort required to get it into Struts. Committers have to analyze the request, figure out the code to change, code it, test it, build it, and finally commit it. Add those steps up and you've got several hours of work. *I* will not volunteer my time implementing a feature that is already part of a standard taglib.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate your and other committers' work and dedication. And I can understand and empathize with the committers the frustrations of resolving some unthoughtful requests.

I brought the issue up because it seems the opinions on this issue vary within the community and would like to find out if there's a general consensus.

David

regards,

--
John Yu