Thanks, you are right. I made the change and it works fine.

BR,
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt
Raible
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 4:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [struts-menu] attaching 'struts' menu to non-struts apps

Thanks Dan, I'll look into adding these shortly.

Most likely, the reason they don't expand is because there's a conflict
between the window.onload in the menuExpandable.js and an onload
handler on your page.  You can manually call the initializeMenus()
function in your page after the menu's JSP - this should fix the
problem:

Here's an example from one of my projects:

<menu:useMenuDisplayer name="ListMenu"
     bundle="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE"
     permissions="rolesAdapter">
     <menu:displayMenu name="MainMenu"/>
     <menu:displayMenu name="AdminMenu"/>
     <menu:displayMenu name="Logout"/>
</menu:useMenuDisplayer>
<script type="text/javascript">
initializeMenus();
</script>

HTH,

Matt

On Jan 8, 2004, at 7:14 AM, Dan Luputan wrote:

> I made the changes to remove the dependency from ActionServlet, using
> instead the servlet context. There is also the spring plug-in for
> initializing the menu.
>
> The menu is working fine, except an annoying problem: I use the
> expandable menu like in appfuse. On some pages the menu does not
expand
> at all, altough it is displayed. Also, looking in the source page, all
> items are present, there is no error on page, and still they don’t
> expand.
>
> Dan

I'd
> love to have a non-struts-dependent MenuPlugin, or simply a different
> "initialization" class.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt
>
> On Jan 8, 2004, at 2:08 AM, Dan Luputan wrote:
>
>> It is possible the use the menu in non-struts applications. I have
>> succeeded to do this in the following way with Spring: There is a
>> MenuPlugin class used by struts. Because it depends on Plugin
>> interface from struts, and wanted to not depend at all on struts, I
>> created a new class:
>>

>> public class MenuConfigurer extends WebApplicationObjectSupport {
>>
>> }
>>

>> It does the same as MenuPlugin but does not depend on struts.
>> MenuPlugin has as member struts’ ActionServlet just for getting the
>> servlet context. Why not use the servlet context instead? There is no
>> ActionServlet in non-struts applications.
>>
>> The ActionServlet caused a further complication, having to subclass
>> the MenuRepository class and override the load() method since it
>> checks the servlet against null.
>>

>> The ‘menu-config.xml’ can be provided in Spring’s xml configuration:
>>

>>   <bean id="menu" class="com.xxx.MenuConfigurer">
>>
>>       <property name="menuConfig">
>>
>>         <value>/WEB-INF/menu-config.xml</value>
>>
>>       </property>
>>
>>   </bean>
>>

>> That’s all.
>>

>> Dan

<MenuRepository.java><LoadableResource.java><MenuStrutsConfigurer.java>