If you're setting attributes and they're not getting rendered the same
as you set them, it's likely a bug.  Please report it so I can fix it -
most issues like this are a 2 minute fix.  You could also use a Velocity
Displayer for rendering your cool menus (there's an example in the
sample app) - this gives you complete control over all the
HTML/JavaScript that's generated.

Matt