When the time comes, David's Validation servlet would get my vote.
Unfortunately, we need to get 1.0 out the door before voting on anything
like this. Beta 3 is counting down now, so we only talking a couple of
weeks now.

In any event, what features Struts, or any Jakarta product, will offer
in any timeframe, will always depend on what people contribute. No one
here can say "hey you, go implement this feature". What gets implemented
depends on what people choose to contribute, and David has stepped
forward with a very fine contribution.

One of things that make it a fine contribution is that the Validator
servlet snaps right into the framework, without altering anything else.
So you're free to use it, or not to use it, or to use something else.
Which is as "Struts-esque" as you can get ;-) So I'd say use it .. I do!