Hi,

I work in a company where 90% of all applications being developed are mostly
data-entry kinda applications (so a lot of data input, validations on that
data ... and readonly views of that data)

A lot of our clients 'heard' of J2EE and they insist on using J2EE for their
new applications, which isn't a bad thing, although it is quite costly for
applications only used by a 100 users.

This aside, I have a couple of questions:
*  what is at this moment the best practice (presentation) to develop data
entry
   applications using J2EE, is struts appropriate, or would you suggest
   applets, ... ? or a mix, lets say applets for data entry and struts
   based JSP for read only views ?
* does anyone have hands-on experience with data entry kinda applications
built on struts ?
* metrics available ? time to develop ? compared to applets ?
* pitfalls ? tips ?

thanks,

Kris