As already posted to the list, I have been working to change most of the tags to
generate indexed names within an iterate loop, for just this kind of situation.

I have just changed the code for submit, so that the index of your iterated
collection is added to the name ie name="submit[0]" etc.  In your action you can
then check which button was pressed, and display details for this record.
Avoids javascript!

I am attaching an updated zip file to include this.  When I get some time, I
will post all this to the dev list, to see about getting it added to Struts.

Instructions as per previous posting:

Instructions for use:
- unpack attached zip file (this mailing list only accepts messages < 100K!!)
and copy .java files to ../org/apache/struts/taglib/html/
- rebuild struts
- add the struts-html.tld to your WEB-INF directory
- within an iterate tag, simply add "indexed=true" to the tag you wish to use.
Eg to produce the text tag

      <input type="text" name="parameter[0].value" value="Mac">

use:
      <logic:iterate id="parameter" name="ParametersForm"
property="parameterList">
      </logic:iterate>

[in this case, simply do:  <html:submit indexed="true">

Hope this helps,

Dave

(See attached file: struts indexed files.ZIP)

Peter Alfors <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 06/25/2001
03:39:28 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]