I am having a bit of trouble with struts and an EJB (entity bean).  Instead
of having getters and setters for each attribute in my entity bean, I pass a
javabean that has the same attributes and the getters and setters for the
attributes.  So, for example, let's say I have an entity bean with two
attributes, firstName and lastName.  I have no getFirstName() or
getLastName() method in the entity bean.  What I do have is a getBean()
method that returns a bean (not an entity bean) with firstName and lastName.
This bean has the getters and setters in it.

Since this bean looks similar to an ActionForm, and we hope to use
ActionForms for data validation, and I don't want to have to move data
between similar beans, I decided that my bean could extend ActionForm.  When
I do this and invoke the getBean() method, I get a CORBA MARSHAL exception -
"Unable to read value from underlying bridge: minor code: 1398079699".

The ActionForm is the problem because when I use the same bean and don't
extend ActionForm it works OK.  My guess is, that although ActionForm is
serializable, some attribute in it is not.

Ken Fletcher
Teacher Retirement System of Texas