---------------------------------------- Message History

From: "Matt Ho" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/09/2001 19:30 MST
> I do this and invoke the getBean() method, I get a CORBA MARSHAL
exception
> -
> "Unable to read value from underlying bridge: minor code: 1398079699".

Consider using a ValueObject rather than an ActionForm to pass data
between the presentation layer and the business logic layer.  Having
your EJB implementation tied so closely to struts is probably not what
you want.

If your action form is called PersonForm, create a ValueObject called
PersonVO and a methods in PersonForm called setPersonVO and getPersonVO.
It's a little more work up front, but the long term benefit is worth it
IMHO.

Has there ever been talk of making ActionForm an interface rather than a
class?  I'd much rather declare

public class PersonForm extends PersonVO
     implements ActionForm
{
}

--<CUT>--

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender