if the value of the array list is consistance through out the application life cycle, then you should something like mapper (a single instance static object) of object and put into what ever scope you wanna.. so every time you need it, just call the instance and return those values.

regard.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 12:05 AM
Subject: Array Lists

Hi,

Where is the best place to initialize array lists which I use to populate select box options within my jsp.  The values of my arrayLists are retrieved from a database.

At the moment I am initializing the array lists within my actions and inserting the lists into the required scope.  Should I have them declared in my action form and access them using getters and setters?

Thanks

Chiji