Rob Leland wrote:
>> Jerry Jalenak wrote:
>>
>>> Has Validator changed in its use of 'required'? I pulled down the
>>> 20021008
>>> build a couple of weeks ago, and found that Validator is now
>>> 'requiring' all
>>> of my form fields even when I don't specify the required parameter.
>
> Looking a little further at the CVS logs a patch to the validator-rules.xml was applied on July 17 2002, that >
> when checking for a value that changed the code from:
> if (!iValue || !(iValue >= -128 && iValue <= 127)) { to if (isNaN(iValue) || !(iValue >= -128 && iValue <= 127))
> { This is done in about 8 places in the file. This could be causing the difference in behaviour, try reverting the
> code to !iValue. Let me us know if the behaviour returns to what it was before.
> -Rob

Eeep! Don't do that...

The problem is the ole depends=required for all the common validator types in validation-rules.xml. Try removing them and see if it works better (until we can get them pulled out of the base version in struts.)

What happened is that Commons Validator got fixed, and the depends=required that had been in the
rules forever started working.

Everyone who's sick of hearing about depends=required, raise their hands :-)

James