I can't give a reason for this. But when I looked at the jsp generated servlet
files, I discover that
the version that was interpreted was not the current one.
I've removed them all and ....
every thing works fine.

thank you all who spen time helping me.

Meissa

Melanie Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 07/11/2002 15:46:45

Veuillez répondre à "Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Pour :    Struts Users Mailing List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc :
Objet :   Re: No getter method for property message

ok, now that I made a fool of myself with that last comment. I just thought of
 something.  He also had a text tag with a property=blah... ,  but had not yet
 created an ActionForm with that property/attribute.  That was likely the
 problem where we were getting the error.  oh well, was one of the two.
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:I'm tearing my hair off about this very strange
error message.

here it is.
javax.servlet.ServletException: No getter method for property targetDir of bean
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN

I get it when my jsp is called. it seems like my own form bean is not
recognized even when I do define all
thins in my config file.

here is the definition in the struts config file

type="com.bpam.mail.forms.ReadingMailForm"/>

name="readMailForm"
type="com.bpam.mail.actions.CreateReceptionAction"
scope="request"
validate="false">

the form bean class contains simple String attributes.

in my jsp, the form is defined like this :

"1" border="0" cla"form">

"50"/> *

when I call them in admReception.jsp, I get error message above saying that the
targetDir has no getter method. what' wrong.

I've searching the all archive list, but there is nothing similar to my problem.

if someone can help .

Meissa