I am trying to do something I have done many times before

I have a collection of objects which I want to use in a drop down menu
for the user.
I have a vector that contains (int ids,Object )

In the object bean I have methods that get/set the values, for example

public String getCriteriaName(){.......}

In my jsp I have several text fields and I am able to get the values of
them in my action bean. This criteria is the only value I am having
trouble with. I get a Cannot find bean under name criteriaList.  I have
done this before with vectors of similar structure and I am really
confused.

        collection="criteriaList"
        property="id"
       labelProperty="criteriaName"/>

In my action form bean I make objects and put them in a vector then I
request.setAttribute/session.setAttribute depending on scope.

All I want to do is to get the string value back from what the user
selects.

If anybody can Help, it would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

Scott Power