Does anyone know of any open source packages or techniques for implementing
password rules. For instance, I need to implement the following rules for
password in my application:

Passwords must be made up of at least three (3) of the four (4) following
classes of characters: Lowercase letters, Uppercase letters, Numbers,
Special
Characters.

I can probably whip up some JavaScript for this, but I'd need server-side
code to catch if JavaScript is disabled. I'm guessing this is not possible
with regular expressions in the Validator.

Thanks,

Matt