Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:32:04 -0700
From: Steve Raeburn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: newbiew Q: how to do redirect instead of forward

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've also been known to create web applications that open the app in a new
window without these things -- it doesn't stop the advanced user who knows
the keyboard shortcuts from trying to screw things up, but it sure cuts
down on the unsophisticated users who think a web application is supposed
to be browsable the same way that a web site is :-).

Grrrr! Craig, *you're* the one who's been doing that to me all this time.

I hope you don't try to stop users viewing the page source by disabling the
right mouse click. ;-)

Show me the back button on an app built with Swing, or even with something like MFC, and I will relent :-).

If users complain that they need the back button, that's a pretty good
clue that you have not defined enough useful navigation controls inside
your application window.  But that's a usability issue, not a
technological issue.

Steve

Craig

-- Vic Cekvenich, Struts Instructor, 1-800-917-JAVA

Advanced <a href ="baseBeans.com">Struts Training</a> and project recovery in North
East.
Open Source <a href ="baseBeans.com">Content Management</a>  basicPortal sofware
Best practice<a href ="baseBeans.com">Struts Support</a> v.1.1 helper ScafflodingXPress