Tom, the type attribute in the action element should point to an Action, not
to a class which extends the ActionForm class, therefore the source you
enclosed in your mail seems to be correct, but shouldn't be indicated in the
input attribute. When you indicate the attribute 'validate' = true, the
validate() method of your ActionForm will be executed.

Your element could be written something like the following:

<action path="/postTest"
        input="/jsp/postTest.jsp"
        name="postTestForm"
        scope="request"
        validate="true"
        type="com.mycompany.PostTestAction">
  <forward name="posttest.success" path="/execute/homePageSetup"/>
</action>

provided that postTestForm has been declared as
"com.mycompany.PostTestAction" in the <form-beans> element. If you declared
it as a DynaValidatorForm or a DynaValidatorActionForm, then your validation
should pass through the validation.xml file.

The input attribute tells the framework only where to redirect the control
if an exception is thrown in the executed Action.

Marco