> >    <global-forwards type="org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward">
>
> <global-forwards> <!-- instead -->

Why? What's wrong with the type?

> >             name="postTestForm"
> >             scope="request"
> >             validate="true"
> >             type="com.mycompany.PostTestForm">

> You've definately gone wrong with the type here, the
> type="..." should specify an Action not a Form.
> Perhaps type="com.mycompany.PostTestAction" ?

I've changed that. Now I have:
<action path="/postTest"
       input="/WEB-INF/jsp/postTest.jsp"
       type="com.mycompany.PostTest"
       name="postTestForm"
       scope="request"
       validate="true">
       <forward name="posttest.success" path="/execute/homePageSetup"/>
</action>

However when I press the submit button I see no difference. In the url I see
the strange http://localhost/myapp/execute/postTest%20name= and the
application didn't even go into the PostTestForm. I also hasn't been send to
 input="/WEB-INF/jsp/postTest.jsp" as I should be...

Here how the PostTest.java look like

package com.mycompany;

import org.apache.struts.action.Action;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;

import javax.servlet.http.HttpSession;

import java.lang.String;

public class PostTest extends Action
{
  public ActionForward perform(ActionMapping mapping,
            ActionForm form,
            HttpServletRequest request,
            HttpServletResponse response)
  {
   return (mapping.findForward("posttest.success"));
  }

}

What's wrong then? Especially where does the strange looking URL
come from?

Regards
Tom