I am writing an application with a series of "wizard" type pages, so I thought that I would use one big ActionForm in session scope and each page add extra information to it - however this did not work as reset was being called at each page invocation - I am interested to hear that reset should only be called at instantiation time, because I believe that in 1.1 RC2 it is being called more often than that - I can did out the old verision of the code to have a look at the exact circumstances if necessary....

Ted Husted wrote:

In Struts 1.0.2 and later, reset is called by the html:form tag *if* the ActionForm is being instantiated at that time. The scope shouldn't matter.

Also remember that the html:form tag is looking at the Action to which it submits, which may not be "Action 1". If these are the same Action, or share the same formbean under the same attribute, then the ActionForm should already exist, and reset should not be called.

-Ted.

Jerry Jalenak wrote:

I'm seeing some odd behaviour with one of my actions. If anyone can explain
this I'd sure appreciate it....

Here's what I've got - in struts-config I have an ActionForm that is shared
by two Actions. The ActionForm is created in session scope by the first
action, and referenced by the second Action (also in session). Tracing the
calls to 'reset' and 'validate' I see the following:

JSP is displayed -> html form is submitted -> 'reset' is called ->
'validate' is called -> Action 1 is performed -> forward to next JSP ->
'reset' is called -> JSP is displayed
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ !

My understanding is that 'reset' should not be called again until the form
on the second JSP is submitted. Have I completely mis-understood how this
works? Or is it something due to the ActionForm being created in session
scope?

TIA!

Jerry Jalenak
Team Lead, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at the following email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- Paul Harrison

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel: 0161 428 2794
mob: 07904025192