Start using it and you will :-).  The expression language is the best
thing since sliced bread.

David
I agree, I'm even using the EL parser to do stuff on completely different
layers for scripting logic.  Also, you can VERY easily use JSTL's parsing
objects in your own tags to make them a little more flexible.
Jacob