I'm in a quandary.  We're examining a way to do simple formatting of our model data.  For example, when currency data comes out of the database, it needs to be rendered as $1,000.00 or whatever.  This is a very common thing and we where going to do it using a custom formatting object to do this when we move the data from the model into the form (and visa versa).  After some examination, it turns out the JSTL does this, but it doesn't appear to support it for <input> tags.

How is this possible!?  Am I missing something?  Why would that not be the case, how often (in a business app) would you need to format data for display, but not for edit?

Does anyone have any insight on best practices/direction in this arena?  Typically we would do this in a utility class in the manner described above, but it seems a little clunky doing it this way given the state of the current tag-libs.

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.