James Mitchell wrote:

You know, in light of the fact that it may be standard and to the spec,
it's funny that most of the servlet containers that I use (Tomcat,
Resin, Jetty) don't recognize their own rewritten urls.

To me, that's just unacceptable.

Don't blame Tomcat's JK or JK2 connectors on me! I don't have anything to do with them :-).

I've only ever been interested in the standalone Tomcat code (and, for work, the way that Tomcat gets integrated into Sun's web server and app server products). In all of those cases, session identifiers work just fine. So do servlet mappings and all the other features.

ISTR someone on TOMCAT-USER has posted a mod_rewrite rule that can deal with the jsessionid passthrough.

Someone with some influence (Craig? Remy?) might want to address this.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla

Craig