Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

Ruth, Brice wrote:

Seems strange that a rule would be set that breaks IETF standards, doesn't it? Or am I seeing this totally wrong?

In IETF standards terms, the session identifier is a *path* parameter, not a *query* parameter. Such parameters can actually be added to any segment in the url ("http://foo.com/bar;baz=bop/ping;game=pong";), not just the last one. Just because it is not common doesn't mean it's broken :-).

Craig McClanahan

Very true, very true. I'm just having a hard time understanding what Apache is supposed to *do* with this 'param' argument ... I've been doing web stuff for quite a while and I've never really run into this (which again, doesn't mean anything's broken, just because *I* haven't encountered it :)).

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst