You ought not to refer directly to any jsp pages anyway.  Always refer
to an action which forwards to your jsp.  Then you can put your JSPs
inside WEB-INF if you want (insures they can never be directly accessed)
and you never have to add any tag(s) to check for valid user.

As Ed points out, Inheritance is your friend.  Get to know him, and his
cousin, Poly.  Poly Morphism.

Tim Lucia