Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Are Servlet filters supposed to be called for both GET and POST
> methods? They seem to be getting called for GETs only on Tomcat 5.
> -Chris

For filters mapped to ordinary application URLs, the filter should indeed get
mapped on both GET and POST methods.  For filters you attempt to put on
"/j_security_check" you are totally outside the bounds of the servlet
specification, and the only thing you can assume is that the behavior is
undefined.

Personally, I consider it a bug that Tomcat 5 invokes filters on this, even if
it's just on a GET.

Craig McClanahan