> "If there are 2 actions, one to "prepare" the page and
> one to "process" the user input, we define the input attribute
> value of the "process" action mapping to be the URL of the
> "prepare" action." I think it's right,....

I think it's right only in simple cases
If your "prepare" means:
- Putting in the request a collection for a select (for example)
- Initializing the form with data from DB or any other source
You are doing 2 things completely different (logically)
in the same action and that's why you need a workaround
with hidden fields or hard coded path or....

The cleanest solution is to separate this "prepare" action in
2 actions. Too much?
OK! Choose any other way you like! But it won't be "clean".