I'm having trouble (re)populating a Form with nested beans when i submit the
values with the scope set to request. If i run the exact same code using a
session scope then it works fine. Has anyone run into similar problems ? If
so, what possible causes of the problem should i be looking at ?

My actionform contains a list and a string:

private String action = "";
private ArrayList problematicOddsList = new ArrayList();

The html code generated html looks like this:

 <form name="UnknownSportForm" method="post"
action="/ManageUnknownSportsAction.do">
 <input type="hidden" name="action" value="update">
    <input type="hidden" name="problematicOddsList[0].siteId" value="0">
    <input type="hidden" name="problematicOddsList[0].sportType"
value="blahblah">

    <input type="hidden" name="problematicOddsList[1].siteId" value="0">
    <input type="hidden" name="problematicOddsList[1].sportType"
value="blahblah2">

Since the very same code works when I use a session scope I can't quite
figure out what i'm doing wrong. It seems to me that somehow the instance
that Struts tries to populate using the request contains a List which is
initialized to too small a size to fit the submitted data, I don't
understand why though and I'm quite sure I've used similar constructs in the
past without problems (albeit on a Weblogic server and not JBoss). Any clues
anyone ?

---- Actual errormsg form the log -------
2004-02-09 16:29:32,218 DEBUG [org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor]
Populating bean properties from this request
2004-02-09 16:29:32,218 ERROR [org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine]
StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: BeanUtils.populate
2004-02-09 16:29:32,421 ERROR [org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine] ----- Root
Cause -----
---- Actual errormsg form the log -------

//Linus Nikander - [EMAIL PROTECTED]