MArk,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, I did try that tooIt shows me correctly (in System.out.println), my form's
default value of completeName of " teacher" but on the jsp page/form bean, it shows
the drop down sorted and not the selected value.
Really donno what could be wrong...?
Thanks in advance...
-Sam

Mark Lowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You haven't even tried using the struts tag..

--
labelProperty="completeName" />

now if the value of teacher equals one of the ssn values it will be
selected.