Hi Pingili,
I am interested in this topic too...which tool are u using for the stress test...
is it JProbe or winRunner...
I have a struts app deployed in weblogic, that I want to test and improve performance
of...
Thaks in advance,
Sam.

"Pingili, Madhupal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello All,
We just ran the stress test on a web app. ( that searchs/retrieves documents
from FileNet IS system) developed using Struts 1.1.
Overall, the application appeared to slow down significantly with only "50"
users, the average response time on my PC was about 30 seconds to bring up a
page (this does not include running a query, just clicking on a struts-menu
tab heading). Once the page loaded, queries took about 5-10 seconds, but
occasionally would take longer. The number fifty is quoted because these
were simultaneous test users and not real people. We still need to determine
what these "50" users equate to in terms of real usage.

We did get the load up to about "170" users to see what the server health
would look like. The application was responding to the load test drones, and
response time from my PC was occasionally over 2 minutes to load a page.

Server stats showed disk and memory usage being pretty low on the web
server. There appeared to be hardly any paging or swapping. However, the CPU
was pinned at 98-100% with only a few users. We noticed a constant CPU of
98% with only "10" users.

Web app. is running on WebSphere 4.0.4 AE.
I am currently looking at the "Resource Analyzer" reports and searching
google for any links.

Has anyone has come across this situation and solved this problem?
Any links to performance improvement guides or general topics is highly
appreciated.

Reddy Pingili