Hello Bill:

Yes exactly. I had forgotten about your excellent Compendium article, "Doing
it with Style".  I remember it very well now.  It is exactly the type of
article that beginners need.  Your Trig Review In a Capsule is particularly
well done and easy to understand.  I think that with all articles of this
type, that it is important to follow the math up with practical examples.
For example: If Joe wants to build a sundial gnomon that is 10 feet tall,
for a horizontal dial, to be placed at latitude 45 deg., what would be the
distance from the foot of the gnomon to the center of the dial? Then show
the reader how to do the math step by step.

John