The easy, elegant formulae that you can use to determine sun rise and set
phenomena are:

Sunrise time t:   Cos t = Tan L x Tan D
Sunrise location: Cos Z = Sin D / Cos L
Sunrise Path:     Cos psi = Sin l / Cos D

where L is the Latitude, D is the Declination, Z is the azimuth, psi is the
angle of the sun's path with the horizon, and t is the time, as an angle,
from noon when the sun is at the zenith and t = 0.

Be aware of the ambiguities in solving these trig functions by referencing
them to the conditions at the equinox when the declination is zero. Then
the time angle is +/-90 degrees or +/-6 hours and the azimuth is 90 or 270
degrees, due east or west.

These relationships are based on the special case when altitude of the
center of the sun is zero. Corrections for the observed position
considering semi-diameter (16 minutes), refraction (~34 minutes) and dip
due to the height of the observer are not considered. The equation for this
case are ab bit more complicated but still solvable on a pocket calculator.
Time is the local apparent time and must be corrected for longitude and the
equation of time, to give civil or clock time.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Roger bailey
N 51  W 115