Message text written by Frank King
>John Carmichael explained that the biggest oven that his suppliers use
will accommodate a maximum size dial of 46" square.

The Margaret of Antioch dials are over twice that size.  I wonder whether
Brookbrae could still do
a job that big.  If so, they may have a customer!<

I don't know.  There have been changes at Brookbrae over the years.
Earlier in this thread John Davis referred to an enameller that he used and
I seem to remember that it used them at least partially because they were
one of only a few who could accommodate the size of dial that he then had
in mind.  I am sure that he will read this and will explain the issues.

I am actually unsure of the needs of the technology here because the
problem is supposed to be the paucity of ovens of a size that can take the
metal bases.  However in a very extended restoration of a vintage car (it's
42 years since I last drove it!! ), some years ago I needed to get some
replacement mudguards repainted.  I then discovered that the originals had
been stove enamelled and in trying to be authentic I have found no
difficulty in getting that done first with a matt-grey priming enamelled
layer and later with a gloss one.  Are the ovens used for stove enamelling
car parts (the ovensI used for my mudguards were of a walk-in size) the
same sort as those used for artistic and enamelled signs etc?

I have heard that stove enamelling needs a higher temperature than powder
coating  It would be nice to know if a combination of the two technologies
can be used to solve the problem you have.

Patrick