I would need more info. Freecad, Nanocad, Power draw are good 2fd cad ststems,
programmable, and free. Power draw has no trig functions but I wrote some for
it, see my website.
Illustrating Shadows

|   |    |

|   |
Illustrating Shadows

Material for sun dials, with booklets, pamphlets, spreadsheets, CAD and other
visual depictions using programming, conventional and legacy programming with
tabular output, case studies, guides, and the like. Lino (linoleum) cuts and
printing, wood cu
  |   |

also, Progecad is free for non commercial use and is programmed with LISP.
My web site has sundial code for all the CAD systems above. While they are
primarily 3d, OpenScad and even Blender may be an option, code on my site also.
consider downloading Programming Shadows, some 400 pages with examples for many
free or low cost systems . it us free and on my website.
Simon

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 16:20, Steve
Lelievre<steve.lelievre.can...@gmail.com> wrote:   Graham,

 I'm not sure that I understand your question fully, but if you're trying to do
something like the attached and you're using Windows, try Inkscape.
https://inkscape.org/

 I'm fairly new to it and am finding it a little awkward to use in some
respects, but I'm gradually getting used to it. The nice thing is, it's free.

 Steve